Top 10 Tips For Finding Time For Exercise
If you're like most people, finding time for
exercise is difficult. Here are my "top 10"
tips to help you in that quest..
1. Make exercise a priority. We all make time in our lives for the things that are most
important to us. If I told you I'd give you a million dollars if you exercised everyday for
the next 30 days, would you do it? Sure you would, because it would suddenly become a priority. If you're serious about finding time for exercise, then it must be a priority in your life.
2. Block out the same time period everyday for exercise. This way it becomes part of your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. Vehemently guard this time period. It is your time to take care of yourself.
3. Exercise first thing in the morning. This is when your exercise time is least likely to get interrupted by other things.
4. Turn off the television. The average adult spends 16 hours per week watching television. One of my clients told me that she resolved to only watch television while she was exercising. You may not be interested in taking it that far but you can certainly cut out a few hours of television a week to make time for exercise.
5. Wake up earlier in the morning to exercise. Try going to sleep a little earlier and getting up a little earlier to get your exercise done first thing in the morning.
6. Spend 30 minutes or so exercising on your lunch break.
7. Get a book rack for your stair climber or treadmill and spend some of your reading time exercising.
8. Visit with your spouse or friend while walking around the neighborhood rather than sitting on the couch.
9. Take a couple of days to write down how you spend your time everyday, then determine how you can better use your time to fit in exercise.
10. Make your exercise as enjoyable as possible. You will be much more likely to find time for things you enjoy.
copyright 2004 by Greg Landry, M.S. Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry www.Landry.com
Click Here For Free World Fitness Magazine Subscription
© 1997 - 2015 WorldFitness.org
Site Map 1 | Site Map 2 | Site Map 3